Fresh Meals for You
If you would like to see our menu just click on the ‘Get A Meal/Calendar’ button at the top right of any page.
- Delivered Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 11:00 am and 1:30 pm
- Each meal contains a protein, starch, vegetable, and dessert for $8.50
- Breakfast bag (can only be ordered with a meal) contains dairy, grain, and 2 x fruit/vegetable for $2.60
- Clients choose a meal plan, which can be as little or as often as you like (e.g. 1 x per month or 7 x per week)
- Your choice: delivered chilled or hot (upon request)
- Diet options: Regular, Gentle, No Added Salt, Diabetic
- Texture modifications: Minced; (Puree available with Frozen Meals)
- Billed monthly
- Financial assistance is available
- Initial service: minimum 5 meals ($42.50)
Diet Types For Standard Meal Service
- Regular (R): Designed for people with no dietary restrictions
- Diabetic (D): For individuals on reducing or diabetic diets as advised by their physician
- Gentle (G): Designed for people with stomach problems (such as ulcers or hiatus hernia). The meal will not contain tomato sauces, stewed tomatoes, cabbage, or spiced foods. Vegetables will not include brussel sprouts, peppers, broccoli or cauliflower.
- No Added Salt (NAS): Designed for moderate sodium restriction. Intended for those with high blood pressure. This diet allows some salt in the preparation of foods, but excludes very salty foods. No salt is to be added at the table.
- Minced (M): This is a modification of consistency for people who have difficulty chewing or swallowing whole foods. The entrée and vegetables are minced, whenever possible.
Benefits of the Fresh Meal Program
- Nutritious, low-cost meals
- No delivery fees or taxes
- Includes check-in with each delivery
- Social contact with volunteer
- Automatic meal plan available (you do not have to remember to call an order in)
- Meal containers: disposable & may be used in microwave or oven
- For convenience, registered clients or caregivers may place an online order
- Easy, delicious and hassle-free