Fresh Meals for You
If you would like to see our menu just click on the get a meal/calendar button at the top right of any page.
- Delivered Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 11:00 am and 1:30 pm
- Weekend meals are delivered chilled on Fridays
- Each meal contains a protein, starch, vegetable, and dessert for $8.15
- Breakfast bag (can only be ordered with a meal) contains dairy, grain, and 2 x fruit/vegetable for $2.25
- Billed monthly
- Financial assistance is available
- Clients choose a meal plan, which can be as little as once a week (e.g. 3 x per week or 7 x per week)
- Your choice: delivered hot or chilled
- Diet options: regular, gentle, no added salt, diabetic
- Texture modifications: minced
- One meal per day is offered
- Initial service: minimum 5 meals ($40.75)
Diet Types For Standard Meal Service
- Regular (R): Designed for people with no dietary restrictions
- Diabetic (D): For individuals on reducing or diabetic diets as advised by their physician
- Gentle (G): Designed for people with stomach problems (such as ulcers or hiatus hernia). The meal will not contain tomato sauces, stewed tomatoes, cabbage, or spiced foods. Vegetables will not include brussel sprouts, peppers, broccoli or cauliflower.
- No Added Salt (NAS): Designed for moderate sodium restriction. Intended for those with high blood pressure. This diet allows some salt in the preparation of foods, but excludes very salty foods. No salt is to be added at the table.
- Minced (M): This is a modification of consistency for people who have difficulty chewing or swallowing whole foods. The entrée and vegetables are minced, whenever possible.
Benefits of the Fresh Meal Program
- Nutritious meals
- Includes check-in with each delivery
- Social contact with volunteer
- Automatic meal plan available (you do not have to remember to call an order in)
- Meal containers: disposable & may be used in microwave or oven
- For convenience, registered clients or caregivers may place an online order