Volunteer With Us
You've Chosen a Great Organization!
At Meals on Wheels London, we are more than a volunteer opportunity, we are a community. We depend on friendly, dedicated volunteers to fill many roles. Many positions are needed during our daytime office hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
ALL ACTIVITIES THAT INVOLVE DRIVING MUST BE DONE WITH YOUR OWN VEHICLE AND YOU MUST HAVE INSURANCE.
MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED FOR COVID-19.
Daily Meal Delivery – Monday, Wednesday and/or Fridays between 10:45am – 1:30pm
* usually 1.5 – 2 hours per delivery *
Spare Daily Meal Driver – Same as above; on call or as needed. * usually 1.5 – 2 hours per delivery *
Weekly Frozen Meal Delivery – Thursday mornings between 8:30am – 1:30pm.
* usually 2 hours per delivery *
Spare Frozen Delivery – Same as above; on call or as needed. * usually 2 hours per delivery *
Transportation Driver – Monday – Friday between 8:00am – 4:30pm. Rides are minimum 30 minutes up to 4 hours max (waiting for client).
How To Apply
1. Complete the online application form.
2. Download application form in PDF Format
When we receive your application, our Volunteer Service team will call you to set up an appointment to meet with you.
- A Vulnerable Sector Check through London Police Services is required for all volunteer positions where there is direct client service.
- MOWL staff will call you to complete the registration.
- All successful applicants will undergo an orientation at our office.
- Bring your current drivers license and car insurance to the orientation.
- All necessary training will be provided by MOWL.
- DAILY MEALS:
Volunteers are given a route sheet with the names and addresses of approximately 10 clients to deliver fresh, daily meals that have been pre-packaged and marked with the client’s names
- FROZEN MEALS:
Volunteers are given a route sheet with the names and addresses of approximately 7-15 clients to deliver packages of frozen meals, soups and/or desserts. These meals are packaged with 7 frozen meals per bag.
Volunteers are given a ride request in advance with the name and address of the client as well as the name and address of the location of the wellness related appointment, along with the approximate expected length of the appointment. We do not provide rides for grocery shopping or errands.
- You will be placed in chosen role as quickly as possible!
Thank you and we look forward to growing our community of volunteers.