Wheels For Wellness
Note: We ask that before proceeding, please read the update related to Covid-19, as well as, new procedures and precautions being undertaken by our drivers.
For dates, bookings, and all other inquiries please call us at 519-660-1430.
- Door-to-door round trip transportation to wellness-related appointments
- Must book a week in advance
- Appointments up to three hours
- Cost: $24.00 per round trip. Subsidy may be available
- Clients are billed for all rides at the end of each month.
- Clients are responsible for any parking charges at the time of the ride, if applicable.
- Rides must be booked a minimum of one full week in advance.
- We accommodate short term appointments only, up to 3 hour maximum appointment time.
- Cancellation must be received by 12:00 noon the day prior to the appointment.
- An administration fee of $5.00 will be billed if bookings are not cancelled by 12 noon the day before a scheduled ride.
- Monday rides must be cancelled the previous Friday by 12 noon.
- Requests are prioritized and depend on availability of volunteers, no request is guaranteed.
- Requests will be confirmed within 2 working days of appointments.
- Rides are completed within Meals on Wheels London business hours; the earliest appointment time accepted is 10:00 a.m.
- Afternoon appointments should allow for all clients to be home by 4:30 pm.
Meals on Wheels London provides service to adults 18+ with disabilities and seniors 55+ in need of transportation support. These needs can be short-term (caregiver relief, recuperation, seasonal) or long-term assistance. No long-term contract is required.
- No transportation for children or pets
- No transportation following day surgery or any procedure that requires general anesthetic or sedatives
- No transporting persons who require wheelchairs, scooters or heavy walkers
- We cannot accomodate companions at this time
- We cannot provide assistance getting in and out of the vehicle